Thursday, June 07, 2007

Writer's Block

I know a few months back I made this huge announcement that I was going to pursue my writing. Well, guess what? I have spent most of my time pursuing getting my life organized and trying to keep afloat amid the T-Ball schedule. What can I say? Laundry takes precedence over any writing ambitions that I might have.

I began to think, though, about what I would want to write about. I thought back to some of my favorite novels and decided that the common thread is that writers write about what they know. So that lead me to this question....what do I know? I never thought that could be such a profound question, and yet somehow it is. I know originally I had said I wanted to write children's books, but now I am wondering how good I would actually be at that. Maybe I should write novels? I am rarely at a loss for words, particularly when I am typing them, but for now I am just in a rut. I don't have any good ideas.

I am hoping that something interesting will pop into my head and then I can run with it. Until then, I will just continue to work on the laundry pile that never goes away, the dust that never fails to collect and the other hundred things that seem to keep me in a never-ending tail spin. Ahh....the life of a mom. Glamorous, isn't it?

3 comments:

Alisha Stewart said...

Hey,
I'm back to blogging! It's good to catch up with what's going on in your lives. Sounds like you are one busy mom. I think you would be an amazing writer. I'm jelous everytime I read your blog of how good you are with words. God gave you a great talent and you should definately use it.
Alisha

Lisa Renee said...

How about, "in a never-ending tail spin" for a title? If I ever find time to read again, I will support you on that!

A D said...

Ask God's wisdom and He will give you the answer. I think if it really is a chilren's book you want to write then you need to have faith in your ability. God will help you.
I am proud of you that you are going for your dream. Don't give up!