

Have I ever mentioned that I am not a big animal person? I mean, I have never not liked animals, it is just that I was never one of those people who had the companionship with a pet as they did with an individual. I never even really understood it.
When I was growing up we had several dogs, but I never really "clicked" with any of them. And so it took us quite some time to come around to the idea of getting a pet. Zach had been begging for a dog for years, and then sometime last year he began to actually tell people he was getting a dog. But Gary and I were very noncomital about and we never really seriously looked for a pet.
One phone call from Gary's aunt really changed things. When we saw Harley for the first time, we just knew he was perfect for us. I couldn't say exactly what it was, but we were in love with him instantly.
Now I find myself looking for a small toy for him when I go to Walmart. I find myself going outside to play with him just because he has that pouty look on his face. Most of all I find enjoyment in seeing him look at me through the windows no matter what part of the house I may be in. And he is always there to greet me when I come home, looking as if I am the highlight of his day.
There have been some trying times (ie: eating the trim on the house), but we really are growing to love our dog. I am so glad that we got him! He is definitely a part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment