Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Apologies

Sorry, friends! I have completely let my blog get neglected for the past few weeks. We have been surprisingly busy since school got out. I really did not see it coming. Here is what I envisioned for summer:

Waking up around 8am, staying in jammies until 10am, hanging out at the house, or seeing friends during the day and then casual evenings at home.

INSTEAD, we have had baseball games, baseball camp, helping with things at church, helping watch kids, going out of town, having guests (which I am not complaining about!!!!), etc.

I am learning that the older Zach gets, the crazier our lives get. I am working really hard to tame the beast of busyness. I do not like it at all.

This week Zach is taking swimming lessons. For those of you who are long-time readers, this is his third year and things are looking up. He is actually semi-comfortable in the water now, so it is very promising. If we can get him to spend a little less time hanging out in the shallow end, it will make me so happy and proud!

This summer we have several plans, but nothing big so far. I am not sure if we will take a big family vacation or not. We have lots of little trips planned, just long weekends, but nothing big planned yet, so we will see.

I have not forgotten about posting the pictures I had promised, but still have been procrastinating on getting them uploaded. But I am making that a goal for this week!

I hope everyone is having a fun summer!

4 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

We're having a great summer! I'm glad you're back in blog land. We're playing a little bloggy game over at my place today, so come join the fun.

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

We're having a great summer! I'm glad you're back in blog land. We're playing a little bloggy game over at my place today, so come join the fun.

Laura said...

Welcome Back!

realitymomma said...

well, i am waiting until next week when my kids are gone and then i will do what you envisioned your summers to be!!!

we will be in brownwood this weekend for a reunion. i will see lisa and chad, i will tell them to tell you hi!