I still have not loaded the pictures from my camera into the computer yet, so for now, I will share with you what has been cooking A LOT lately in the Binkley house. Much like the Binkley Brownies, this is another signature dessert that we and our friends love. Again, I always keep these ingredients on hand. Some of you may already have this recipe, but for those that don't it is definitely a keeper.
No-Bake Cookies
2 c. sugar
6 T. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1 stick of butter (yes, use the real stuff!!!!)
3 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
Mix butter, milk, sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan on the stove. Bring to a boil, over medium heat. Once it is boiling, remove from the heat and add peanut butter, oatmeal and vanilla.
Drop by spoonfuls on to wax paper to cool.
YUMMY--these are Gary's favorite!
By the way, I have seen this recipe written out as "Dinosaur Cookies" for kids with the ingredients written like "crushed bones" (sugar), "dirt" (cocoa), "swamp water" (milk), "fat" (butter), "grass" (oatmeal), "squashed bugs" (peanut butter), "muddy water" (vanilla).
1 comment:
These are one of my all-time favorite cookies!
Post a Comment