In the spirit of trying to be more faithful in my posting, and being mindful of the block that my creative juices are still suffering from, I found it only fitting to share a recipe. I love to bake! This is the best recipe, most used recipe, favorite recipe from the Binkley Bistro. I give you:
Homemade Brownies!!!!!! (How's that for comfort food?)
These are so easy, so good, you will never keep a box of brownie mix in your pantry again. All you have to do is have these ingredients on hand in your pantry and you will always be able to whip up a fantastic dessert at 40 minutes notice. (Um, just in case you were wondering, these are actually not "healthy," but they are very good.) Enjoy!
Homemade Brownies
3 squares semi-sweet baker's chocolate
1 and 1/2 sticks of butter
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat your oven to 350. Place chocolate squares and butter in a large bowl and melt in the microwave. Add to that all of the other ingredients. Stir until ingredients are mixed. Pour into a 9 x 13 pyrex. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes, using the toothpick test. Once brownies have cooled for about 10 minutes, I sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the top, and then cut them into squares.
Yield: aprox. 15 brownies, depending on how you cut them up.
For the record, these are great with nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or anything else you can dream up, mixed into the batter.
5 comments:
Those sound yummy! And maybe something I try this weekend!
I am doing my grocery shopping, hopefully, tonight and making sure I have these items on hand. Now you've got me craving them! I bet they go great with some morning coffee too! Hope you have a great weekend!
you know i will have to try these... i LOVE chocolate!
I can't find the bakers squares of chocolate! OH NO!!!! I WANT THOSE BROWNIES!
Lisa,
The baker's squares are in a box, usually red, that says "Bakers" real big across it. They are on the baking aisle with the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, etc. and they usually put them up high for some reason.
Hope this helps!
Post a Comment