I haven't posted in almost a week, and that always makes me start feeling a little guilty because people start leaving comments wondering if I have fallen off a cliff or something. When I sat down to begin my blog tonight, my mind was swirling with the many events of the past week. I don't even know where to start. So instead of trying to pick just one thing, I will just briefly talk about them all, I suppose.
One of the most exciting things that happened was that Gary and I got new carpet in our den and gameroom. The carpet in our house was starting to look a little shabby, and probably because it was about twelve years old (two owners back!) and was nearly white. It is a wonder it had lasted this long. No matter how much I vacuumed, steam cleaned or got down on my knees and scrubbed, it was always dirty looking. So on Thursday, we got new soft, beautiful carpet in those two rooms. Ahh....
One of the most frustrating things that happened this week was that I learned I would have to wear my glasses for three weeks straight. Here is how all this played out. I have worn hard contacts since the 7th grade. I had gotten a new pair about five years ago. Yes, you read that right...I said five years ago. I had them professionally cleaned about three years ago, and they were still doing fine, but recently had some trouble not seeing as well, so I went in to see the eye doctor. She felt like my prescription was fine, but thought they could use another "deep cleaning" so they sent them off. When you live in a small down, you have to get things done that way. Now, I was being a big baby about having to wear my glasses out while my contacts were gone. I don't wear my glasses in public EVER. But I knew it would only be a few days and then I would be back in my contacts. I received a call Thursday afternoon that they were in, so I rushed over to get them. When I got there, they told me that my contacts were warped (which, by the way they had never seen before, but suspected was due to the age of the contacts) and that meant my corneas were shaped that way too. All that to say, I have to let my eyes rest for three weeks by wearing only glasses so that they can be re-examined to see if I need a new prescription. I was soooooo upset because I hate the way I look in my glasses. It just brought all those memories back of what it was like to be the kid at school called "four-eyes". And I was even more upset because I don't have prescription sunglasses and I am a slave to my sunglasses. Never-the-less I am learning to accept that I cannot do anything about this, and I will just have to wear my glasses.
Finally, and most importantly, I attended a course this weekend given by Precepts International. They teach the inductive Bible study method. Basically what that means is that you learn to use to the Bible to study the Bible. It was a phenomenal day. I had no idea that so much could be gleaned from Bible texts that I had studied over and over before. I will probably blog more about this later, but it is definitely worth checking out their website if you have ever felt like you wanted to learn how to dig into the Word better. They have a variety of studies geared to the different amounts of time people can commit to Bible study. The most in-depth was what I learned about, and I have to tell you that after experiencing that, I have been so hungry for God's Word in a way that I had never been before. It was eye-opening to see how I can gain so much knowledge and insight on my own.
This week, we have quite a bit on our plate. Zach is taking pictures for kindergarten graduation tomorrow (sob). He also starts T-ball practice this week...and thankfully we are done with soccer now so there won't be any overlapping. On Wednesday, Gary and I are serving as volunteers at Courts for Christ, put on by our local FCA. It is a praise and worship serve held at the high school gym, primarily for teenagers to attend. What that means for us is that if the teens respond, wishing to become a Christian or needing prayers, we will be one the people they can consult with and/or pray with. On Thursday, Zach has a field trip at the zoo, so I will definitely post some pics from that fun time. And then we are still tossing out some ideas for our weekend plans, so that is still up in the air.
Just typing all that makes me tired!!! Guess it is time to get some rest...have a great week, everyone!
5 comments:
hey, i finally got to your 6 word memoir. that was a nightmare for me!
answer to your last post - I DON'T KNOW! i misspelled God (with a lower g) in the title, so i wrote a comment correcting my mistake, then i figured out how to fix it on my page. the other two, IDK! i figured people wrote something and then deleted it. couldn't tell you. i hope it was not anything bad. who knows????
I have two words for you: Lasik Surgery!!! If you are a canidate then you need to have the surgery! I had it done 7 years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. I know what you mean about wearing your glasses again ~ I had to wear mine for 2 weeks before the surgery and it was super scary!
I too want to get Lasik. I cannot go without contacts, but cannot wear glasses either. Sorry about your eye woes too.
Girl, LASIK is AWESOME! You already have forgone the waiting period! Just do it!!!! I have a lot of updating to do but blogger won't let me post! Craziness!
I FINALLY responded to your tag
Post a Comment