Friday, May 23, 2008

Catching my Breath

I am just stopping back in because I have had a brief moment to catch my breath! I have lots of pictures to post with some recent activities that Zach has had, which I will get around to soon.

We are finally done with preschool. I cleaned out my room and turned in my keys today. It was definitely bittersweet. I will miss my great friends up there at the school, but I am happy to know that my schedule will only be hectic next year if I make it hectic. I am not committed to anything on any particular day at this point, and that makes me relieved. I enjoyed being around the kids and seeing their accomplishments, but for whatever reason, those three days a week away just caused a lot of stress for me. It was pretty surprising, especially since I used to work full time just a few years back.

I am not real sure how we will spend our summer. I know that Zach is going to attend a few day camps here in town. He gets very bored and lonely in the summer, so that will be good for him. He is already talking about all of the swimming he wants to do, which is encouraging since just a few years ago he wouldn't dip his toe in the water. I have him signed up for swim lessons again. We also, I am sure, will take some kind of family trip this summer, but haven't decided exactly what that will be. I am already excited about the possibility of finishing up cleaning out some closets that I never got around to this spring. I love not worrying about getting Zach in bed at a certain time! Mainly, though, I just look forward to sleeping in and relaxing.

What are your summer plans?

1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I'm glad school is out for you. It only seems like a couple of days a week, but then you have to factor in the prep time and other things that come up that are related and it does end up taking more time than you bargained for. I'm actually looking forward to one more year at The Preschool just to get my girls through.

We're sticking close to home this summer except for next week when Honey and I go to Denver for his National Sales Mtg. The kids are doing swimming lessons and VBS, and Bubba is doing basketball camp.

I'm planning 2 trips to San Antonio, one in July for prayer group and one in August for Beth Moore. I'm getting excited for both.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!