Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September=Soccer

Shame on me! I have let way too much time pass since my last post. What can I say? We have been in constant motion! Here is what we having been doing three times a week:





***************
Staying at home has been nice, but I had a really cool opportunity come recently. An attorney in town offered me a job to work at home, on my schedule, with flexible part-time hours. After some thought and prayer, I took it. I decided it would be nice to have a little something, and I can't beat the set-up of working from home with flex hours! It really is kind of a dream job.


****************
I also am very frustrated with one aspect of our house: we have a LOT of tile*. It is not smooth, it has some irregularities in the surface, and so my Floormate does not do well with it. I thought I wanted a steam mop, but after looking at them and reading the reviews, I am not sure. I am wondering if it is time to go back to the ole mop and bucket days, but the reusing of dirty water kinda bugs me. Help me out friends. How do you clean your tile floors? (*we also have some hardwood and Pergo floors that drive me equally crazy.)

4 comments:

Larissa said...

I may not be out there like everyone else, but I do like the mop and bucket. I have all tile throughout, expect the bedrooms. I feel your pain. One little tiny spill and there it is! But I also like the tile. So much easier to just sweep up.

I might like something else though if I were to try it! I just kind of get stuck in my ways when it comes to cleaning.

And congrats on the job...that's awesome!!!

Kristen said...

So cool about your job! :) Sound great! I use a swifer for everything and love it!
that is fun that you have soccor. What a fun, busy time. I hope to see you this week.
We have not done anything at all this week...lazy week!

realitymomma said...

girl, we are all so busy. but, that is one cute soccer player you got there.

Unknown said...

We have tile like this too and I get so frustrated with it. Nothing seemed to work well, so we went back to the old mop and bucket, however I use my sink instead of a bucket. I change the water out frequently so I feel better about the dirty water problem. I have to clean my sink well at the end of it, but for now that's my solution.