Monday, May 10, 2010

All Moved In

Well we are officially moved in. That does not mean we are SETTLED in, but we are here. With all of our things. Every single thing. Because last week my landlord called and wanted to know how soon we could be out, as they had rented it. That kicked everything into overdrive and the past week has been absolutely crazy, but honestly, it was the kick in the pants that I needed. It is nice to have all of our things under one roof and to have it all over and done with. This was our first move with movers. We only used them to literally move the furniture (which I know my dad appreciated since he has been our designated moving helper for many years!!!). It made the move much easier, and since we are so close, it was easy to make multiple trips for those last minute odds and ends.

That also means I have spent the past few days googling "arrange living room furniture" as ours does not seem to be working with our new set up. I know it will be fine, but I just keep moving it around hoping that eventually it will "work" for me!

In the midst of the chaos, we are enjoying our new home very much. It already feels like home to us all.

1 comment:

Alisha Stewart said...

We only have one more year at our house and I STILL haven't found the right arrangement. I'll have to remind myself not purchase a house with a cornered fireplace again. Good luck with the arranging!