It's been a week of ups and downs.
I guess it all started last Friday night when our family was having a reasonably fun evening and finished it off with dinner at Jason's Deli. I had taken my phone out of my purse to look at something and set it down next to my purse rather than putting it back in. Big mistake. When we got up and left, I left it sitting right there. And I didn't figure this out for several hours. Panicked, I called and of course my phone was nowhere to be found. They said to try back in the morning. I called my phone carrier and put a hold on my SIM card, since I figured it was stolen and thus was being used by someone. And I was so frustrated with myself!!!! The next morning, I called back to Jason's Deli and surprisingly, they had my phone. I was so shocked!!!! So that turned out much better than expected.
On Tuesday I met the locksmith at the new house to get keys made. We had a front door key, but no keys to the other doors. After he had removed all of the locks off the doors, and we spoke again, it was determined that he could have only removed ONE of them, and thus I was the recipient of an extra $30 charge for the extra 45 minutes he had to spend. It was totally my fault, and he deserved every penny, but I was frustrated with myself!!!
Then yesterday I was painting our new bedroom and was cleaning everything up when I bumped the ladder and a tray of chocolate brown paint that I could have sworn I had already put away went flying across the room and landed on the carpet. Ever seen chocolate brown paint on light beige carpet? It is not a pretty sight! I have gotten a lot of the paint out the carpet, but unfortunately it will always have a brown tint to it. Thankfully, it will be next to the bed and not too noticeable. (And I can always get a piece from the closet patched in there if I can't live with it.) But here is the before, during and after of my paint job.
BEFORE:
It's hard to tell, but the walls are a pinky beige and the top trim is a white with a brown glaze over it.
DURING:
Painted the walls a color called "Cattail." (With the help of a WONDERFUL friend who helped me get this done in no time at all!)

Then I added in the dark brown, which landed on my carpet. This is called "Bittersweet."
AFTER:
The final product. And yes, I am sorry that the photos aren't great. I had to take them with my phone (which thankfully I still have!).
We are very close to being moved in. We are boxing up the final things this weekend. The last of the new appliances are being delivered on Monday and on Thursday, the movers will be here to load everything and take it over there. Our rent house has been showing, which has been a lot like a flashback from this time last year. Except I don't have the stress of worrying about whether or not people like it!!!!
We are very excited to finish our transition. It is hard to believe that summer is just around the corner, but we are ready for it to be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment