Friday, September 17, 2010

The Coveted Spot

I have had the privilege over the past three plus years of picking Zach up from school. (And I do not mean that sarcastically...I am so grateful that I can pick him up every day!) Since day one, I have learned the nuances related to this process. There are a lot of "unwritten rules" when it comes to picking up your child. One of the biggest seems to be the idea that the person who is in the front of the line is the most loving, most dedicated parent of the bunch. Generally, I am pretty far up in line, because I do try to leave fairly early to "get my spot" so that Zach can get picked up quickly and we can head home. But I am not usually in "THE SPOT."

However, today I had to go back over to the college for a review session for an upcoming test that I am sweating bullets over (math-probability and statistics, anyone?). That put me in a position of either getting to Zach's school ten minutes early, or going to my house just to turn around and head to the school. So, I headed to his school and found myself (after a couple of cars scattered to other locations) at the front of the line. The coveted spot. The Mom of the Year Spot.

While I admit, it was nice to get to be the first one out of there, I don't see myself wasting ten plus minutes in line like that again every day. It truly only made maybe a three minute difference in the time we got home.

So, don't worry mini-van mom with your ten stickers on your back window. Your spot will be safely handed back to you on Monday.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

THAT is hillarious! I am all time loser mom that usually pulls up AS the bell is ringing and has quite a walk with a four year old and stroller in tow!