Happy news to report today! We have heat in every room of our house, and this afternoon I heard what was quite possibly one of the best sounds I could have heard: the shower faucet working again! It looks like (fingers crossed) the pipe froze but did not bust.
Best of all, we saw an old friend today...the sun! Finally after many days of it being hidden by thick clouds, it made its appearance. Zach and I couldn't resist taking advantage of the piles of snow in our yard, and with it being slightly warmer, we went outside for a snowball fight and to build a snowman.
We had to get a little creative with his arms. We have a palm tree on the side of the house that was gracious enough to share some branches.
Still, we are definitely not in the clear. It is still freezing outside, and there is still plenty of ice. I am hoping that the sun will come out again tomorrow and that we will be able to at least visit the grocery store. My poor refrigerator is down to a few containers of Jell-o and condiments. I was not exactly prepared for this mega ice storm. Truthfully, I have never experienced anything like it! School out for four days in a row? Never heard of it!
I am interested to see how my university will handle the missed classes. Do colleges do make up days? Will I have the dreaded Astronomy exam on Tuesday as scheduled, even though we missed two lectures? Was my Statistics teacher kidding when he emailed us with three chapters to "have ready" on Tuesday? (Guessing a big "no" on that last one. Better get those read!)
Despite all of the drama we experienced here, I can truthfully say that I kind of enjoyed having a stretch of a break. Zach and I have had fun playing games and living a life with no schedule. I'm starting to think that bears are on to something with that whole hibernation thing....I am feeling quite rested and rejuvenated!
1 comment:
I am so glad to see that the heat is working in all of your house again!! I have to say that I have really enjoyed the break too, mostly because Cary has been working from home too. You will have to let me know what ACU decides because they never cancelled classes when we were there.
Post a Comment