Wednesday, March 02, 2011

March

We have ushered in baseball and ushered out basketball this week. Baseball is three times more demanding on our weekly schedule. So last night, as I weighed out dinner options when we got home at 7 pm, I decided on a whim that we would have pancakes. This excited Zach to no end. So imagine my surprise when I was driving to school today and heard on the radio that yesterday was National Pancake Day. I didn't even know such a thing existed, but I suddenly felt very hip to have unwittingly celebrated it anyway.

I have mid-terms next week which is rather shocking to me. The semester is flying by. Thankfully. It has been a tough semester and I am working harder than ever to keep up. The ice days did nothing other than pile the work up. I am hoping that things will be less stressful after spring break. (Don't make me give up my hope!!!)

Zach has been working extra hard the past few weeks preparing for the TAKS test. The big third grade test. He had a practice reading test today and made a 100! I was so proud! I know that he will do very well on the test, if he can get past the pressure of it. It is still about a month away, but I am glad that he can go into it feeling confident.

Gary has been super busy. He went to two conferences last month out of town. I am looking forward to him having some time off during spring break. He definitely deserves it!

I cannot believe that it is March, but I am loving the weather. After the harsh ice of February, all of the sun and green peeking out is so exciting.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

K so I am just now catching up on things!! I laughed out loud at the rolls post! We are doing baseball too, three practices a week and its wearing ALL of us out! ALong with piano for Ty, soccer and dance for Olivia, all while toting along a toddler who has no desire to stay in a carseat that long!!