Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Is Finally Here!

Whew. What a month May was for us! I guess technically it is not over yet, but close enough!

The GRE exam went well. I did better than I needed to, so that is what matters. I am sure that I could have gotten an even higher score had I started studying earlier, but I got a score that will get me into my program, so for that I am thankful!!!!

I have one summer class to take that starts next week. It is Mondays through Thursdays from 1-5pm and lasts about two and a half weeks. It will be miserable, but at least I will be able to check that course off! Luckily Zach will be at camp (staying away from home) for one of the weeks and he will have other things to do as well, so it won't be too bad for him.

So I need to get you all up to speed on what we have been up to.

Baseball, of course, has dominated our time for the past few months. Zach's final (we think) game was Saturday. It was 110 degrees. I say that this might not have been the final game because apparently we either tied for first or second place, I'm not sure which, and our coaches are petitioning to have a play-off game so it can be "decided." (Truthfully, I would be more than happy to take whatever place we got, but we will see what happens.)



Besides baseball, Zach had an award ceremony at school. He received awards for the "A" honor roll, perfect attendance, and for keeping a 95 or above average in all his classes for the entire school year, which they call the Academic Excellence Award. (The shirt is awarded for the AEA.)


The third graders also had a kickball tournament. His class won, so they earned the privilege of playing against the teachers. I attended quite a few of the games and caught a few pictures of the action. Zach was pitcher for part of the games.



And so finally school is out for both Zach and I, and we are spending this week doing some relaxing. (Well, he is....I am spending it doing cleaning, laundry, etc.)

I have been pulling out my shorts due to this crazy heat. So far, I have made $7 from money left in my pockets from last summer! Don't you love that? I have also been chugging iced tea by the gallons. I am thankful for my iced tea maker. It has been very busy lately! And we cut open our first watermelon last week, which is my favorite summer food. Definitely feels like summer around here.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

WAY TO GO JEN!!! That is awesome!!! WE have also been super busy with baseball. We are finishing up the season and about to start Fall ball, which of course is not at all in the fall! Games start again August. Hot here too with blowing dirt as an added plus :) Glad all is well with you! Love to check in and see what all your up to! I just updated a little.