I had to take a three-week summer course in order to graduate on time. (Which, if everything goes according to plan, should be next May...then on to grad school.) It took me quite a bit of explaining to convince Zach that summer school in college and summer school in elementary school are two entirely different things. I was able to make arrangements for Zach to be entertained in my absence. Gary took off the first week, and they did things together. The second week, he went to summer camp. (More on that later.) The third week, he spent with Gary's grandmother and my parents.
I have spent this week recuperating from summer school. On Tuesday, I got the bright idea to take Zach to the pool as a more "official" kick-off to our summer. Then, while I was there, I got the even brighter idea to sit on the edge of the shallow end and cool off. I got sunburned. Pretty bad. For the record, I did have on sunscreen, but apparently it does not work well on me. So this week has not been as fun as I thought it would be, since I am in a substantial amount of pain on my legs and back. Oh well.
So back to summer camp. Zach had his first stay-over camp experience. To be fair, it was local, but he was not in contact with us for the whole week! Gary and I missed him terribly and were convinced he had to feel the same. He did miss us, but apparently had so much fun that he was completely fine and can't wait to go back next year! We were glad that he had so much fun. He lost a tooth while he was at camp, so he had the honor of being paid a visit by the "Camp Tooth Fairy." He also stayed in a dorm room with a friend of his and has since told us that the dorms are very cool. Let me tell you, I was seeing my life flash before my eyes and I unpacked his things in that dorm room. I am glad that is still a few years away!
So although I cannot believe a whole month of summer vacation has come and gone, I am thankful that we still have a considerable amount of it left. I will spend it in the shade from now on, and I will thoroughly enjoy the break!
No comments:
Post a Comment