I have a confession to make...I am addicted to the TV show Hoarders. I cannot help myself from watching it, and I cannot help but make a mad dash to clean and organize everything in my house after I watch an episode. It is a great motivational tool. It has been on quite a bit this summer and I have been cleaning up a storm.
I recently decided to switch to Method brand cleaning products. Has anyone tried these yet? So far, so good. I am mostly happy to lose the strong chemical smell from my other cleaners. I have gotten smart or lazy, I am not sure which, and decided to just stock each bathroom with its own personal set of cleaning supplies so I don't have to tote stuff all over the house and go back and forth getting things I forgot. That is making my cleaning much more easy and simple, and it goes by much faster.
Another thing I have been doing this summer is trying out new recipes. I downloaded a Whole Foods app that is great because I pick the recipes and it gives me the grocery list. We have had some success and failure with the new recipes, but it is always nice to at least have something new in the rotation. I mean, soft tacos get old after a while! It was also great to buy a week's worth of groceries and not have to wonder what we were going to have for dinner that week! Oh, how I love a plan!
Finally, I have been doing some light reading. Fun stuff. Anti-learning stuff. Because, I had my fill of that the past school year and have much more ahead. Zach and I have been going to the library about once a week and we have been enjoying quiet reading afternoons here and there. We also are reading a book at night as a family. I am so glad that Zach loves reading as much as I do! I am always up for book suggestions, if anyone has any!
We are about half-way through the summer, and I will be sad to see it come to an end. I love the leisurely schedules and the very small amount of spontaneity that I am able to give in to. So I intend to enjoy and savor every moment of what is left of this summer break!
No comments:
Post a Comment