Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013


We have been incredibly busy lately, and I have neglected this blog. Whether or not I continue to post on it remains to be seen, but I thought I would at least make an attempt to update what has happened in 2013.

2013 began with a bang…we all three had the flu! Despite getting flu shots, we all were sick.

The next week, I had to begin a January short course, and my crazy and very long semester began. After the January short course, I had a regular semester along with clinicals, a Maymester course, and then spent the entire month of June helping run speech camps for my clinical placement.

Zach played baseball in the spring, and finished up a busy 5th grade year. He went to camp in New Mexico and loved it.

Gary continued to work, and was happy to see the addition of a few more doctors to his group to help ease the load.

In July, we took a trip to Washington, D.C. My grandfather joined us, and we had a great week there!

As soon as we got back, we began our crazy bathroom remodel projects. We had never planned to remodel anything, but after the jets on our bathtub in the master broke and flooded our bathroom, it became a domino-effect project. We hired a contractor, but I had to choose everything for it.

In the midst of this remodeling beginning, Gary got a staph infection in his elbow and had to be admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics. He stayed two and a half days, and had to be a patient instead of a doctor!

The project took longer than expected, and school began without it being finished. Zach began 6th grade at the newly-built middle school, Gary was still busy at work, and I began a full semester of classes and a placement at a local inpatient rehabilitation center.

By October, the remodel was finally wrapping up. We were so glad we did it, regardless of the headaches and the dust. Oh, the dust!!!

It was around this time that I started experiencing stomach pain that intensified when I ate, came on through the night, and was generalized throughout the day. After medications, diet changes, and a lovely scope procedure of my stomach, it resolved just before Thanksgiving. Just in time for me to enjoy the yummy foods!

I recently wrapped up my next to last semester, and took my last final EVER! Next semester, I have two classes to prepare for the credentialing exam, and a final clinical rotation that goes from March to graduation. Graduation! Can you believe it? It is really near now!

Zach is enjoying middle school. He is especially enjoying being a part of the youth group at church. He is taking baseball lessons once a week to improve his hitting, and we have seen some great improvements. He is growing so fast, and we can't believe it.

Gary continues to be busy with work, but we still appreciate the schedule that he has. When he is off, he can spend time at home with us and we really like that!

We are looking forward to 2014. We are looking forward to my graduation, we are anticipating Zach turning 13, and we are thankful for the many undeserved blessings that we have. Despite the stresses of 2013, we know that we are blessed and fortunate!

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

sounds like you have been super busy!!! Post remodel pics! You all look great. Glad to see you all continue to be blessed!