Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's Been Way Too Long

It has been way too long since my last post.

If I am allowed to have an excuse, may I offer a really simple one: graduate school. It really ate my lunch this semester. It was the most time-consuming, stressful thing I think that I have ever bitten off, and it was non-stop from August until just now.

Here is a picture of Zach and I on the first day of school. He started fifth grade. I started my first year of grad school for speech pathology.

 Zach said that he did not want to dress up for Halloween this year. That sounded great to me, and so we bought him a Halloween shirt and planned for him to pass out candy. But when I picked him up from school on Halloween day, he had changed his mind. I told him we could get a costume, but he would be stuck with whatever was left at Target. He lucked out on this Darth Vader costume. And then we decided Gary and I would dress up too. Gary threw on this Mitt Romney mask...it seemed timely with the election around the corner. I added a bunny tail and some ears.


Zach had a project to create a poster about the Titanic this year. They followed this up by taking a field trip to a museum almost three hours away that had a Titanic exhibit.




A friend sent me this blast from the past, so I thought I would share. This managed to make me smile in the midst of my stressful semester. Look at this care-free Jennifer!


 Zach decided he would make a kind-of Santa costume out of a pipe cleaner and piece of paper that he cut into a "beard."

Finally, we are at the end of the semester, and ready for the holidays! We are really looking forward to seeing family and enjoying some relaxing time together. I am looking forward to reading something that is fiction and of my choosing!


I'd like to say I'll do better with my blogging, but I really don't know what next semester holds. I'll do the best I can!!!! 
Hope everyone has a great Christmas!!!!

No comments: