Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Latest

I haven't blogged lately because we have had SO MUCH going on, I really haven't had the time. It has been a crazy few weeks for us!

Let's see....since my last post, Zach has had four....count them, four....parties at school. I only made it to two of them. Three of them were for reading accomplishments and one was an end-of-the year party. I have pictures of the end-of-the-year party and will be posting those before too long.

About a week ago, on the way to get Zach from school, my car was hit by a teenager leaving the high school. She had a stop sign, and I was on a thoroughfare, but she said that she did not see me. I was unable to stop in time and we collided. My first wreck. It completely sent me into shock for a few minutes. Luckily there was a man who came to my rescue almost immediately and helped me compose myself enough to establish that I was not too badly injured and then I called to get a friend to get Zach from school. My car is totalled, and I will post a few pics of it too. I managed to only have some bruises, soreness and an abrasion on my left arm, so I was very lucky. Side-curtain airbags are worth it!

For those of you keeping score at home, since we have lived here, I have had: 1. My first ticket, 2. My first cavity, 3. My first wreck.

We still have the house up for sale, and there hasn't been much activity. We have dropped the price to make it a real deal, hoping this will attract a buyer. Please be praying that we sell this house before summer so that we can comfortably transition to our new town! It is such a weight upon us right now.

Zach has just 6 days of school left. I can't believe it! I am not sure what the summer holds for us...as I said, the house looms over us. Hopefully we can carve out at least a few days for a mini-vacation. We will just have to wait and see...

This past Sunday, Zach and a bunch of other boys from our church led the worship service. They have been working on this since December. Zach led a song both Sunday morning and Sunday night. I have pictures of that as well.

So right now we are working on keeping the house ready for showing, looking for a new car to replace mine, getting ready for the last day of school, and prayerfully trying decide what we need to do over the summer. I will post pictures soon....just need to take the time to upload them!

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

OH WOW! I am SOOOO sorry about your wreck but glad to hear you are okay, how scary!

Girl, I remember those days TOO WELL about trying to sell a house, believe me when I say I am praying for you guys daily, added you to my journal! Hang in there, I know how hard it is to keep a home show ready and try to be productive at the same time, but make time to relax!!

I want to know about your Mother's Day.. was it good? I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!