Sunday, March 14, 2010

We Have a House!!!

Well, we are officially under contract on a house. We are supposed to close on April 15. That leaves a gap of time for us to do anything we want to the house before we need to be out of our rental. It was a very hard decision because we did eventually have to make some compromises, but we found a house that we really loved and knew we would kick ourselves if we let it get away.

Our compromise was the size of the yard. We have a small backyard, but we liked everything about the house, and eventually decided it was something we could do some landscaping to and enjoy in a different way. One of the best things about this house is that it was recently updated, so there is not a whole lot for us to do to it. It is practically move-in ready. Other than possibly a little paint, we are good!

I realize that we could have continued to look and wait and see what else came on the market, but when it came down to it, we felt like this was the right choice for us, and I am feeling very good about it. We are excited to have that part of our journey near its end and to really feel settled.

4 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Yay! Can't wait to see pics! I know you'll feel so much more like home when you know it's yours.

Alisha Stewart said...

Congrats, I know that must be a really good feeling!

Laura said...

Yeah!! I cannot wait to see it and bring you a housewarming gift;-) Glad you found a home you love. Congratulations!!

Erica said...

Congratulations on finding a home for your family! I know it was a hard decision. I cannot wait to come see it and give you a housewarming gift. (By the way the previous comment was from me but I was at my Mom's computer so it signed me in as her. oops!)