The past few weeks have been very busy. In case you have been wondering what I have been up to (obviously not blogging much), here is a random shot that Gary took the other day that pretty much sums it up.
Yep, I am definitely in the thick of the semester and have a quiz or a test almost every day. So there I am...studying.
Zach finished his last soccer game on Sunday.
We had a soccer party last night with pizza and cake! I thought the cake looked awesome! (No, I did not make it...wish I was that talented!)
He decided a few weeks ago that he would like to try his hand at basketball, so we have signed him up and he will start in December. I am not sure if he will like it, but if he wants to try it, I am all for letting him.
Over the weekend, he had an opportunity to carve a pumpkin with his Meme who came for a visit.
He insisted on having me take a picture of him pretending to smash the pumpkin. Ah....9 year old boys!
For Halloween, he was a Jedi Master. He would not settle on a specific Jedi Master, so he called himself "Jedi Zach".
Do you see the level of our enthusiasm for the Fall Festival? Yep, we are feeling a little "too old" for these sort of things nowadays. Sigh.
Gary and I loaded up on candy for what we anticipated would be a big turn-out of trick-or-treaters at our house. We were right! I have to admit it was fun handing out the candy. This is the first place I have lived where I have had a busy night of handing out candy. Zach went around the neighborhood with Gary. (I requested he take pictures, but I think the two of them decided that Mom's idea of picture-taking while trick-or-treating was LAME, so I have none. That's okay. They had fun.)
Zach was quite proud of his bucket full of candy.
So, there you are, all caught up. We had a very busy, very fun October. November has already brought us cooler weather and we look forward to the rapidly approaching holidays. (I, more than anyone because that means my first semester will be OVER!)
No comments:
Post a Comment