Monday, January 17, 2011

January Joys

Well, we are the proud new owners of a new heating unit. Last week we finally ended up having to just replace the poor unit that didn't seem to want to be fixed. Our new unit is much, much quieter and I am hoping its presence will be felt in our future bills, too.

Zach had his first basketball game on Saturday and he scored a basket!!! As I was quietly saying "don't shoot" out of my fear that he would miss and be humiliated, he shot and perfectly nailed two points! I was most surprised by his guarding skills. The boy he was guarding never got a chance to break away from Zach.

I have been thoroughly enjoying my time off from school, and I start back tomorrow. Today we all were off for the holiday, and so we had a very fun family day. We went shopping, ate lunch out and then went to a local arcade for bowling and games. Tonight we are grilling out shrimp ka-bobs. I so enjoy these lazy family days and know that they will be treasured in our hearts for years to come.

With all of our closets re-organized, the laundry all done and the pantry full stocked, I feel like I am ready to head back to school tomorrow. I know that the time will fly by and before I know it, it will be summer!

No comments: