Thursday, October 20, 2011

October

We have been enjoying much cooler temperatures this past week. After spending over three months with the temperatures so high, I almost feel guilty wearing a jacket right now. These are the temperatures we have been waiting for!

I have been busy preparing my application information for graduate school, attending classes, and doing plenty of homework. I can hardly believe the semester is half-way done already! I am getting much closer to graduation #1. Although it is not going to be the finale for me, it is definitely going to be nice to have that hurdle behind me. The good news is that I feel more and more confident that I have picked the right field. With everything new they throw at me, I am just more intrigued. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to get this degree, because I truly feel like this is what I am supposed to be doing!

Zach is having a great school year. His grades are really high, and his teachers have been very supportive and helpful. I think this may end up being one of his best school years. He is also very busy with soccer. His team is having a rough season, but he is having fun and still learning some new skills, so he is happy. He is starting to find some real passion with reading lately. I am so glad. There was a time when I could hardly make him read, and I am so thankful that he is finding it more interesting! Over the summer, we read Hatchet as a family, and I was able to purchase him a few more in that series, which he eagerly read on his own.

After much deliberation, Zach decided that he would go ahead a dress up for Halloween this year. He could not decide whether 10 was too old, but eventually he decided it was okay. I will save his costume choice as a surprise. I have a few other pictures to post, so I will post them all after Halloween. Let's just say this is the least expensive costume he has EVER had!

Happy pumpkin carving and trick-or-treating everyone!

No comments: