You know that closet in your house that is so annoyingly messy, and it is so outrageous that every time you open it, you think "Oh, I just don't have time for that today." And yet you really, really want to clean it out? That's how I have felt about my blog lately. Every time I sat down to write it, I just thought "I can't do that right now" or "I'm not sure what to say" and so here we are with two months completely untouched and it is now January of 2012 and I am trying to play catch-up.
I hope I am not the only one with a closet such as what I described, but if I am, I want you to know that closet is no longer haunting me...I attacked it with all I have earlier this week and it would now make Martha Stewart very proud. So I decided that it was time to tackle the blog too. To those who have been wondering, I apologize. Let's bring you up to speed.
When we last left, I had promised some photos. Yes, this promise helped to spur the procrastination of the blog. I do not like to make promises I cannot keep. But since I did promise them, I will deliver.
Here are October's main events. Soccer and Halloween.


After Halloween, craziness ensued in the Binkley house. My school work got very busy, we were out of town for various reasons for about five or six weekends in a row, and then before I knew it the holiday/finals craziness hit us even harder. When my school let out, and then shortly thereafter Zach got out, all I could do was try to soak up what little free time we had that did not involve putting my thoughts into print. That is, I suppose, the downside of my schooling. There are times when I am convinced that my brain has no more capacity to think any thoughts...much less put them into words on a page.
But Christmas came, just as it does every year, and between tests and projects, I managed to get decorations up and presents purchased. Gary had to work almost the entire Christmas break, so we took the random afternoon that he was off before Christmas and celebrated our Christmas. Zach had been wanting a bow and arrows and I think the look on his face was just priceless!
We had a very relaxing, fun day and enjoyed our little "Christmas."
So for the past week since then, Zach and I have been organizing a few things around here. I got all the Christmas decor taken down and boxed up, and now I have a couple more week to relax before I have to start back on my final semester of my undergraduate college career. I cannot believe it!
The year 2012 has a lot of promise in store for us. For starters, I will hopefully graduate with my degree and continue on to grad school. Second, we will pass a milestone of living in one place the longest EVER in our marriage. (That record being 3 years...not a long time, so a big milestone!!!) Here's hoping that 2012 is great year!!!!
1 comment:
WOW! Lots going on as always! Hope school is going smoothly! Happy New Year Binkley's!
Post a Comment