Wednesday, February 01, 2012

February...the Month of Love

Well, we are officially into the second month of 2012. I am actually finding myself writing 2012 on my papers and checks without having to concentrate quite as much.

I have been in school for a few weeks now, and while I certainly have a challenging load, I feel like I can handle it. Really, if I want that piece of paper, I will have to handle it!

Zach is having another great semester, and it seems like every week he becomes more and more in love with reading, which simply warms my heart. I am an avid reader, and for a while I wasn't sure if I would be able to get him to actually enjoy reading. Now I find him devouring books much like his mama, and it makes me so proud! We signed him up for another season of baseball, and so that will be starting up before too long. For now, I am enjoying the peace of no practices and games, because those always tend to wear me down a bit.

Gary is busy as always, but has had some weekdays off recently, which have been nice. He and Zach are able to do things together like run out to the ranch or practice baseball after school, and that is pretty neat.

***************
February is "the month of love". Here is what the Binkley family is loving right now:

1. Fruit! We have become big fruit eaters lately. We love to keep a variety of frozen fruit and then have it as an evening snack. This way, it doesn't feel like a ticking time bomb in the fridge that we must consume within a very rapid amount of time.

2. Spring-like weather! We have had some beautiful somewhat not windy, warm days. They are so great. We have tried to take advantage of them. This time last year, we were iced in!

3. Asparagus. I never grew up eating it, but we have become big asparagus eaters lately. I fix it in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.

4. Family time...wherever we can find it. Whether its dinner in the doctor's lounge, a quick visit in the parking lot or a meal at the dinner table, we truly value our family time. With Gary's schedule this can be a challenge, but since it is a priority, we make it work. And we absolutely love it, no matter how we have to make it happen.

No comments: