Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March-ing Along

Yeah, yeah...I am being "punny".

We have had a super busy March. I really just the other day realized it is almost over...and here I thought it had just started. Let's see if I can give you a brief run-down....

March started out pretty innocently. Baseball began for Zach, and then shortly thereafter we got to leave for an early spring break so that I could attend a speech pathology conference in San Antonio. We got home just in time to begin our spring break.

It was busy, but not very eventful. I spent the majority of it working on decorations for my church's ladies retreat (that I would not get to attend...more on that later) and arranging for Zach to hang out with friends.

So after I had already volunteered to help with the decorations for the retreat, I received an email from one of my professors asking if I would be willing to attend an Alpha Chi conference and present a project I had worked on last semester. I was flattered and excited, and so with some work, I was able to make it where I could go. My dad agreed to come help with Zach, and I had a sweet friend who agreed to set up the decorations that we would prepare ahead of time.

So last Thursday at 5:50 am, I was in an airplane to Baltimore, MD with three other college girls (who actually are appropriate college-age) and a professor. My dad was here helping to run Zach to school and baseball. It was a really great trip, and I actually was awarded a regional scholarship, which I did not expect at all! While I was gone, my dad, Gary and Zach did a little outdoor project that I had been begging for over the past few months.

In the midst of all this travel, I also learned that I was officially accepted to the graduate school program here!

So, it's been a very good, very busy March that has really just gone by so fast, I don't know where it went. I am sure the rest of our spring will be the same. (If I get time, I will try to post some pictures.)

No comments: