I have been putting off blogging because I just knew that I would have that perfect picture of Zach missing his first tooth. Now reality has set in...my son is full of fear of the "what ifs" like his momma, and that tooth is not going to come out until it has completely disintegrated or has been bumped out by a friend. Zach is so nervous about pulling on it and making it hurt. Gary has been insistent on trying to get it out, so we have resorted to tying dental floss around it twice now and we haven't been able to get enough of a grip on it to pull it out. To be honest, the sheer distress on Zach's face as we have tried to coax this tooth out has been enough to work on a poor mother's heart and I feel sorry for him.
He told me that he does not like growing up. (All I could think was, "it is only going to get worse!" But I figured that was a conversation for later.) I have been taking a random poll of my friends about their kids' loose teeth and they have all assured me that it will eventually come out, but it is definitely wearing thin on everyone's nerves. Because of the difficulty of eating with his front teeth, Zach will not touch his all-time-favorite PB&J, leaving me to scramble trying to come up with healthy lunches that are back-teeth friendly. Lately, his school lunch has consisted of more snacks and less substance because I know that if I send a sandwich or carrot sticks, they will go uneaten.
So here we are, more than one week later with a dentist appointment scheduled for Monday. Either it will fall out by then or I will pay whatever the price to have the silly thing pulled. We will keep you updated.
1 comment:
Ugh...the thought of dental floss tied around that tooth just gave me chills....I agree, I don't like growing up either.
Post a Comment