Monday, April 09, 2007

A White Easter

Easter 2007 will definitely go down in the record books. It was quite unusual in that we had almost FOUR INCHES OF SNOW!!!! I will get that in a bit, but first let me take you through our Easter weekend....


On Thursday afternoon, Gary's mom (and Zach's Meme) came for a visit. She was able to watch Zach at soccer practice, which was fortunate since she had hoped to see him in a game, but there was not one this weekend because of the holiday.


On Friday, while Gary was at work, the three of us dyed Easter eggs. Is there anything more "Easter" than dyeing eggs? It is one of my favorite traditions! This was the first year that Zach could really do it himself and he really enjoyed it.



On Saturday, we were a little surprised when we looked out the window and saw some snow flurries. I really had not believed the weather forecast--it seemed too crazy! It had been 79 degrees just two days ago. We headed out for a day of shopping (gathering supplies for T-Ball) and when we got home in the early evening, we were surprised at how much snow there was! We measured the snow that had accumulated on the top of Meme's car and it was almost four inches. I am sure more than that actually fell, because it had fallen for several hours before it began to stick. It was really beautiful and yet odd to see this snow in April. Gary and Zach could not resist building a snowman!


On Sunday, the snow was still outside and so the Easter Bunny hid Zach's eggs in the den. Zach always leaves a few carrots and a bowl of water for the bunny and it was gobbled up. The Bunny left him some ColorWonder books and markers and some candy. Zach was still asleep when I stepped into the shower and in the five minutes I was in there, he had gotten up and hunted almost half of his eggs without us! I convinced him to get dressed and wait on everyone else and then finish hunting the remaining eggs, but he insisted on staying in the den and trying to look for the other eggs, though he knew not to put them in his basket. Due to the very cold weather, I had to revamp our Easter outfits accordingly. I saw no sense in all three of us freezing! We will try to wear our Easter outfits another, much warmer, time.


We were sad to see Meme leave on Sunday afternoon. It is amazing how fast the weekend went by! We had a really good time. It was a really wonderful Easter weekend!

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter despite the weather! That is a fun idea about leaving the carrots and water- I had never heard of that. I never had Easter hunts or even a basket that I remember and had no idea how to go about that. Trent is real against the idea of a bunny so I just improvised! You look beautiful by the way and your boys are super handsome! That lil Zach is going to have your phone ringing some day!

realitymomma said...

hey, you,
ok, forget all the easter talk, you are looking really good. the pic of you and your fam is great. you are a shining beauty. the boys are cute, too. seriously, you have a glow to you....

Lisa Renee said...

GLOW??? Are you pregnant?

The Binkley Family said...

Nope, I am not pregnant!