It is always an adventure when you are a Binkley. I should not have expected "Project: Buy A New Computer" to be any different! In case you are a newcomer to our little blog, have a gander at the label "Law of Binkley" and you will understand where I am going.
So....turns out that I use the computer more than I ever realized, and not having one was about to drive me insane. But, more importantly, I spoke with my new boss on Wednesday and received a few assignments to complete wherein one would need a functional computer. So in the midst of a very crazy day, I managed to purchase a new computer and spent a block of time that afternoon getting it all plugged in. When I brought it home, I decided that I also needed to reposition the desk and so I did that, and then hooked up the computer. Excitedly, I turned it on...and oh, no! The screen was blue. Shades of blue. It could barely be read.
I decided that with enough messing of the adjustments it could be remedied, but after a great deal of time decided it was not an easy fix. We had somewhere to be last evening, so when we got in around 9pm, I called the customer support. Once I had explained my situation, I was informed this was the "blue screen of death" that meant I had a faulty hard drive. Soooo.... I repacked everything in the nice little boxes and at 10:30 pm found myself at Walmart with Customer Service.
The good news? We have a new computer now that has full color and seems to be working just fine! And I am glad to be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment