Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy Fall, Ya'll

It is now October, and that means we are officially well into fall. Here in these parts, we only know it is fall because the calendar tells us. It is still pretty stinkin' hot. Every now and then the morning will be slightly chilly, but by 10am, it is warm and by the afternoon, it is hot. (And I know this all too well because I have learned to get my walks in EARLY.)

I absolutely LOVE fall decorations. And so I put mine out a few weeks ago, but now that it is October, I felt it appropriate to take Zach down to our farmer's market for his annual pumpkin pictures and to pick out a few of our own pumpkins. I am so glad that he still hasn't decided he is "too old" for such things that warm a mother's heart!





As we pulled in the driveway, he asked me if I would make him some pumpkin pie soon, because "you make it the best." As my heart began to melt, I decided that I would wait a few more years to reveal him that mommy's "best" pie comes from canned pumpkin and frozen pie crust. We'll just keep that magic alive for now.

3 comments:

Larissa said...

You're one step ahead of me...my pumkin pie comes from United or Slaton bakery. :)

Kerri Thompson said...

Great pictures. I think you are right about the pie secret. Don't crush his homemade pie dream.

Kristen said...

So fun! Love fall too! I think Casey and I are going to take the kids to take pumpkin pictures there this weekend too! :)