Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Crash and Burn

Hello Friends! I am coming to you from an ancient laptop in my kitchen that I have had to restart at least eight times to bring you this post. Why, you ask, am I doing that? Well, friends, we had a thunderstorm on Sunday night wherein our power went on and off intermittenly about twenty times. Despite our best efforts to protect our computer via a surge protector, it seems to be a casuality of the storm. We can not get the "on"button to work no matter what cords we disconnect and reconnect. (If you have any advice on this matter, it is much appreciated.) The monitor, printer, router, etc. all works, but we can't get the computer to turn on. I am so scared I will lose the last 6 months of pictures that I hadn't backed up yet, plus all of our itunes library.



Anyway, until we buy our new computer (not an easy task in our small town...options are not plentiful) it may be a while until I post again. I will do my best, but this little laptop is not all that reliable.

My laptop just froze AGAIN and I had to restart it AGAIN, so I am ending this post for now. Hope to be back soon!

3 comments:

realitymomma said...

i am in the same boat. i have overloaded mine with pics. a new one is much needed.

thanks for my little gift. i loved it. perfect for a teacher. except alayna stole one of the small sticky notes. she likes to write on them. thanks!!!

Kristen said...

So sorry about that! Yeah, our electricity went out and stayed out for like 4 hours. It never came back on until 4 in the morning. We were very HOT!
So crazy! You can always come over to use the computer. We are always here just hanging out. :)

Alisha Stewart said...

I'm so sorry. What a blessing though that you have been backing everything up until recently. I don't think we have ever backed up our computer. I guess I need to add that to the list of things to do.