Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Camped Out

Last weekend we got together with our friends for our annual fall camping trip. This time Gary and I purchased a tent that our family could actually fit in. If you missed the fun story about our tent last year, click here. As you can see, we actually all three fit in the tent, with room to spare for our gear.

We had a really fun time. Gary caught at least a dozen bass, and finally decided to keep this one to cook for dinner. Fresh fish over the campfire was really good! He was embarrassed that I insisted on taking his picture with his fish.

This year, we camped just about fifteen minutes from town, so at one point all of us made trips home to shower. I guess we aren't very authentic campers, but we had fun anyway. When we got home, Zach kept insisting that he smelled like "cooked meat" (smoke) and didn't think he needed a shower. Gary and I promptly informed him that he did need one. Today, he told me that his shoes smelled like hot dogs.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

You know I am not much of a camper but if showering in my own shower were an option I just might go for it!!! Sounds like a fun trip!