Friday, November 14, 2008

So THAT Is What It Means

Last night I very casually went into the office to check my email. As I pulled up my inbox, I was immediately horrified with what I saw: "Harolds Going Out of Business Sale". I clicked on the email to make sure it wasn't a gimmick, and it wasn't.

(For those of you not familiar, Harolds is a clothing store that I rated as one of my favorite things. Their clothes have always fit me better than any other brand, and I always got them on great sales.)

"NO!!!" I screamed. "Gary! This is unbelievable!" I ran into the den to share with him my terrible news.

"Well," began my philosophical husband, "This is what is going to continue happening. We may be headed for a depression."

"I know I am," I responded. "Where am I going to get any clothes?"

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Yes, it's true. It seems to be the talk of the town. All of the people who are supposed to know what's going on keep saying that the downward trend doesn't affect the Lubbock economy because we are so geared towards agriculture. But everything we're seeing, and have seen since Honey's great job hunt of 2007 says the opposite. Sad times...

Alisha Stewart said...

What a shame. I think it's time for government intervention here. Maybe we could start a petition to get the government to bail out Harolds while they are handing out money like it's candy. It's worth a shot:)