We have been quite busy this last week. We showed our house several times (no takers yet, though) including one who admitted to me when I was done showing the house that she really just wanted to compare ours to hers because she is about to list her house. (Um, FYI....don't ever actually ADMIT that to someone...they are likely to become irate!)
We also had a visit from my parents for a few days, which was great because they helped us tackle our much-neglected yard. It was in need of some work, and by the time they left Friday night, it was looking much better.
Gary started his first shift on his new job tonight...just a few hours ago. So far, so good. We are excited about this job. We are planning to have him commute between shifts until the house is sold, and so I am hoping that by the summer we have it sold so that we can make the transition and not miss seeing him as much as we will when he is commuting.
As much as I want the house sold...like yesterday...I admit that the timing would not be great right now. So I am trying to be patient and know that somehow it will work out and we will get moved....which honestly is still a little hard to believe. I still can't believe we are leaving the place that has truly become our HOME. We had really put some roots down here, and the only consolation is that we will be close enough that we can see our friends easily on the weekends. It is going to be the most emotional move we have ever made. Our last move was tough, and this one will be even more difficult. But I know that it is what is best for our family, and I am trusting that it will somehow be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment