I know that I have been lax on posting lately. The truth is that with the changed dynamics in the house over the past weeks, blogging was very low on priority list. Sorry about that!
Gary left this morning at 5:15 am to begin his first of four consecutive shifts at his new job. I spoke with him a little while ago and he said that other than just getting oriented to the new location, he is doing okay and liking it.
With Gary back at work and our projects around the house completed, it is time for me to get back into my old routine. We are still waiting (patiently at times, not so patiently at other times) for our house to sell. That is so hard. It is the single greatest factor in so many decisions that we need to make...like when and where we will move...and I hate having it hanging over us. However, we can live here as long as needed and that is a blessing for Gary's new job to not be so far that we can't make this work for a while. I know from watching the news that we are blessed to be employed, and whether I move to a new home in two months or ten months, we are in much better shape than many other people right now.
Zach only has a month and a half or so of school left. He has grown so much over the year. He has gotten much taller and gone from reading some to reading just about anything he can get his hands on. It is a whole new world for parents when they can no longer speak in the secret code of "SPELL" and have to figure out more discreet ways to talk in front of their child.
That is about all we have going on for now. We are enjoying our last season of soccer here, and keeping life about as normal as it can be. We are looking forward to the summer and hoping that we can make our move then. And Zach is eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Easter Bunny on Sunday. I smile every time he asks me about it. I know that we are on borrowed time where Easter Bunnies, Santa and the Tooth Fairy are concerned.
2 comments:
When Bubba hit that reading stage, we started using code names for people and happenings. Now he's old enough to figure out those, too.
I have been so bad about blogging these days myself. I was just catching up on your blog and realized you guys are moving.
I have been longing for the stability that comes when Adam finishes his residency and gets a job. Hopefully we will be able to move once and be done, but I know that doesn't always happen. Where are you guys moving?
Post a Comment