Thursday, April 09, 2009

100 Things About Me

I have been seeing a lot of these on other blogs, and thought it looked fun to try...



100 things about me:



100. My middle name is Kay.
99. Kay is my mother-in-law's first name.
98. I often tease Gary that I am "Kay Binkley" also.
97. When I was growing up, I hated the name Jennifer because it was so common.
96. Now, I like my name and can't imagine having any other.
95. My maiden name was Handy.
94. I hated that name too because it was the source of much teasing.
93. I embrace that name as well, because it is my heritage.
92. I always figured I would "trade up" on last names when I got married.
91. Binkley isn't much better, since no one gets it right.
90. Zach got his name because we were in the "Z"s in the Baby Name Book and still couldn't decide.
89. I was adamant that we agree on a name that moment and when I got to "Zachary" we both liked it.
88. I can't imagine him having any other name either.
87. When I was in high school I never stuck to any one clique.
86. I was very involved in the school newspaper as the news editor until my senior year.
85. I told my teacher that I wanted to quit about five weeks into my senior year because I wanted to have more free time.
84. I really quit because I got my feelings hurt that I didn't make editor-in-chief.
83. That was a really immature decision that I regret, because I really liked journalism.
82. I played the French horn from 6th grade until my sophomore year.
81. I was really good, but I quit so that I would have more time to work on the school paper.
80. That was a dumb, ironic, and equally regrettable decision, too.
79. When I was in 8th grade I won a free trip to Space Camp in Alabama.
78. Space Camp was the first place I had ever been where the smarter you were, the cooler you were.
77. Everyone at Space Camp made a big deal about my Texas accent.
76. Before I went to Space Camp, I didn't know I had an accent.
75. I lived in the same town until I was 19.
74. I only moved about 30 minutes away.
73. I met Gary not long after that.
72. When I met Gary, he was on a summer break from medical school.
71. That was the only break he would ever get in medical school.
70. I had no idea what was involved in being a doctor when I met him.
69. I now have considered writing a survival guide for wives of med students.
68. In case you plan to comment that I should actually do that, I was kidding.
67. I have always dreamed of writing a book, though.
66. If I actually do write a book, it will probably be fiction.
65. I have one brother.
64. He is a little over four years younger than me.
63. I love talking to him and hanging out with him.
62. I used to pick on him a lot, especially in the car.
61. I am glad that is water under the bridge.
60. My favorite color is pink.
59. I had pink bedding nearly my whole childhood.
58. I doubt I will ever decorate with pink again.
57. I really don't have much of anything that is pink, except my cell phone.
56. My favorite drink is iced tea.
55. I usually drink it unsweet.
54. My second favorite drink is coffee.
53. I didn't like coffee much until my adulthood.
52. I usually make coffee twice a day.
51. I only drink about three cups.
50. Okay, sometimes it's four or five.
49. I drink de-caf in the evenings, though.
48. My favorite thing to do is to spend time talking with my friends.
47. Gary is my best friend, and favorite person to talk to.
46. Gary gets tired of hearing me talk sometimes, so I am glad to have girlfriends.
45. I still keep in touch with two of my childhood girlfriends.
44. I miss getting to see them face-to-face.
43. I drive a Honda Pilot SUV.
42. Gary let me pick it out and I absolutely love it.
41. He wanted me to get something much bigger.
40. I am scared to drive anything any bigger.
39. I wasn't ever sure how to study the Bible until I was introduced to Precepts.
38. I now feel like I can tackle any book of the Bible and enjoy Bible study.
37. I seem to be drawn to 1 & 2 Corinthians for some reason.
36. The most significant Bible study I ever did was in Genesis on Abraham.
35. That study helped me to understand other books of the Bible in a new way.
34. I have never broken a bone.
33. Unless you count the time that the doctor thinks I might have broken my pinkie finger after a tragic 2 on 2 basketball game.
32. I had never had a cavity until we moved here.
31. It devastated me and hurt my ego for some reason.
30. I love to organize, but secretly have about four boxes of papers that I never got sorted out from our last move.
29. I have been working on those this week.
28. I am meticulous about where things go in my kitchen cabinets.
27. I have a cabinet designated for papers and mail that needs to be sorted so that I can keep my countertops cleared.
26. I would be so embarrassed if someone opened it.
25. I hate clutter and try to banish it away if I don't have the time to deal with it.
24. My favorite flowers are Gerbera Daisies.
23. They are planted in my front yard right now.
22. When Gary and I were dating, he would bring some to me at work fairly often because there was a florist next door.
21. I also like tulips a lot, but get sad that they don't last very long.
20. I once planted tulip bulbs only to have the blooms blow away within a day of blooming due to a West Texas wind storm.
19. I still have a dozen roses that Gary gave me when we were dating, which I dried and have hung on the wall in my bedroom.
18. Gary and I will have been together for nine years this summer.
17. Before Gary, my longest dating relationship had only lasted about four months.
16. That was because I was very picky.
15. Being picky paid off.
14. I went to New York City with my mom and grandad for my 20th birthday.
13. While I was there, all I could think about was Gary.
12. I hope Gary and I will go there together someday.
11. That was one of the most fun trips I have ever taken.
10. I didn't wear sandals in public until I was a junior in high school.
9. I was too embarrassed of my feet.
8. A friend showed me that everyone's feet looked weird and so I got over that.
7. I am glad because some of my favorite shoes are sandals.
6. I have been wearing ballet flats alot lately.
5. The most athletic thing I ever did was the half-marathon.
4. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it when I signed up.
3. I may do another one in the fall.
2. I am looking forward to our move, but sad at the same time.
1. I am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family and friends.

No comments: