Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Well, this will go down in the Binkley history books as the Easter that all was revealed and yet no fun was compromised. This was a fun Easter for all of us, and Zach enjoyed feeling like he was part of the "inside information" so we made jokes all weekend about the "bunny" and he still hunted his eggs with great excitement.

The weekend started off with a school Easter egg hunt, followed by a fun weekend with family. Here are a few pictures:

Not sure who was more excited about this hunt, Daddy or Zach. It was freezing cold, which was a shock since the previous day had been in the 90s. Luckily Zach had a jacket in the car. Unfortunately, Gary did not. (In full disclosure, those were the clothes I suggested he wear, and I was also not dressed for this little cold snap. Next time I will pay closer attention to the weather channel, not the calendar or the previous day.)


While at Grandma's, Zach and I colored Easter eggs, an annual tradition that we both enjoy.



The finished product. Zach made most of them into "Egg men."


Easter Sunday, about to eat lunch:

Hunting eggs. Grandpa and Daddy made sure that this hunt wasn't "kid stuff" anymore. It took a little longer than usual to find some of these cleverly hidden eggs.
Family photo after the Easter egg hunt:


So I had mentioned that we are in a new phase now. I have decided that while I could mourn that, I am not going to. We had a good time with Santa and the Easter Bunny but they are certainly not the most important aspect nor the focus of our holidays. So although that "magic" is gone, the true miracle of Jesus' love for us is not. And that is something that we will always hold dear to our hearts.

No comments: