Gary has had a "spot" in his abdomen that has been hurting. For months. He is a man and he is a doctor, so dragging him in to have someone look at it is impossible. He thinks he doesn't need to see a doctor, but chooses to whine and complain anyway.
So recently, his pain got to be bothersome enough that he asked me to make him an appointment, which I promptly did. (I think I could hear a "Hallelujah Chorus" in the background at that moment.) And so today we went in to see the doctor.
After doing a sonogram, the doctor said that he did see something, possibly a small tear or hernia, so Gary is going to have a minor in-office procedure on May 4. They will do a two inch incision and see if they can repair whatever the problem is.
And he is already making plans for how he will milk his recovery for all that it's worth, complete with requests for a bell to ring.
It was kind of funny seeing him sit on that patient table and wait for someone to tell HIM what to do! I will keep you all posted on how the surgery goes in a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment