I somehow forgot to tell you all about our crazy adventure last Thursday night. Gary, Zach and I were riding home from a quick evening out at the ranch at around 9:45 pm. Zach was asleep in the back and Gary and I were just talking and watching the wildlife out at night. We had seen a lot of deer and I commented on how graceful they were as the jumped the fences. There were lots of them out.
Suddenly, a huge deer came barrelling into my side of the car, where she and I were quite close to one another for a brief second. I immediately screamed, because I am calm and collected like that, and then started crying because I felt sorry for the poor deer. Gary was trying to get me to be rationale and calm down, and of course I woke up Zach and scared him to death. We u-turned to try to check on the deer, and as we came back to the scene it ran off. I am hoping it was only minor bumps and bruises, but Gary says that is wishful thinking.
Gary got out to assess the damage and as I opened my door and it made a weird noise and resisted being opened, it became clear that my door and the side of the car were the victims of our collision. $2600 victims, to be exact, according to the body shop.
So hopefully this week I will be getting a new passenger door and body work on the side of my car. We are all just very grateful that it was not so bad and that none of us were hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment