Thursday, June 04, 2009

Welcome, Summer!

It is summer...and currently my son is stressing because we did not purchase him a Gerber Grow-Up Plan, and according to the commercial he just saw this is a must for all loving parents. Um, yes, I am turning off the T.V.!!!!

So far our summer has been relatively uneventful. Gary and I are trying to decide what to do this summer where housing is concerned. I hate to buy a house without having ours sold, but I also hate living here while he is gone so much...so we will see what we decide to do.

I made myself pack a few boxes yesterday. I figured I can start packing away non-essentials that are just being stored. It is making me a great purger! When I see something that I have packed and repacked for the last two moves, I realize MAYBE we don't really need it! So I have lovely little "keep, toss, Goodwill" piles. Clean Sweep would be proud! My sweet friend Kristen left us some great boxes before she moved and they are the BEST boxes ever for packing, so I really have no excuse.

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Let me know how things are going...fill me in! :)
You can send me an email.
I think we are getting an apartment for a little while until our house sells. We don't want to own 2 houses.

Lisa Renee said...

Go you with that packing! I did that all by myself from our last move, T was gone to Nationals and we moved the week he got back. It was beyond crazy. I wish I could be there to help and maybe wrap dishes and talk about random things! My family will all be there at the lake this weekend. We can't go b/c there are already too many people! That is what happens when you are one of four families that use it! There are only three bedrooms so we are out of luck this time. I hope to maybe in July so I will let you know if you are still there!