Sunday, July 09, 2006

Painting...again!

So we are beginning to get settled in. And by settled in, I mean that most of the boxes are at least opened where I can see what inside of them. We are still mainly living out of them until a few rooms are painted. No point in doing much to the room until we get that done. Yes, I said painting. Again. I think by the end of the month I am going to be so good at it that I will have to hire my services out. We absolutely had to paint Zach's room, because it was pink and he wouldn't even sleep in it like that. My parents were nice enough to take him for a few days so that we could do that (a nice khaki color). Next is our bedroom, and then possibly a few other rooms. We have been installing new light fixtures, and are going to attempt bathroom faucets this week. Just little touches to make it look how we want. We are lucky that everything that needs to be done is purely cosmetic, so it can be done a little at a time.

We spent this weekend in the big city seeing family and a few friends, which was nice because the roundtrip drive is shorter than the old one-way drive. That was a huge reason for this move. In exactly one week, Gary and I will be packing for our trip to Vegas. We are not gamblers, but we think that we can have fun with the shows and the sights. (And who knows, we might find our way to a few slots?)

Once I get the "cowboy bedroom" (aka Zach's room) finished, I will post some pics. To all of our friends who we had to leave behind, we miss you and think of you often!

2 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Where are you staying in Vegas? The Bellagio is my favorite. Glad you are doing well. Hope you have a wonderful trip, you guys need a good get-away together with all the hassle of moving! Congrats on your new home.

Alisha Stewart said...

I'm glad that you guys made it safely. I can't wait to see pics of the new place. Stay in touch.