Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Viva Las Vegas!

Our Vegas Vacation has come and gone...isn't it funny how the things you anticipate come and go so fast? There is much to talk about, so let's just discuss.........

Things I Just Don't Understand About Las Vegas

1. Since when did $100 become pocket change to people? (And by the way, I believe we gambled a grand total of maybe two bucks!)

2. What in the world were people thinking when they decided that midnight was a perfect time to stroll the Strip with their newborn infant? (And this was not just one couple, this was an epidemic!)

3. After going through three smoke-filled casinos to get to our restaurant, and smelling like I had bathed in tobacco, what good was the non-smoking section going to do?

4. Why are people so addicted to gambling that they even have to do it up until the very moment that they board their planes to go home? (And by the way, that is the first "Smoking Cubicle" I have EVER seen in an airport!)

5. Why would anyone choose to parade their fat rolls around like a badge of honor? Really, please cover a few of them up!

6. What good is the $5 a ride monorail if it still drops you off a half mile from where you are going to, and you have waited over six minutes for it to get there?

7. Did anyone ever think that a "moving sidewalk" might work better if a person moved their legs while on it?

8. Why did someone steal our "do not disturb" sign so that housekeeping would pound on our door at around 8 am?



I will post some pics later.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip with some intersting people! I have been to LV twice, once when I was 13 and once when I was 15- not sure I captured the true essence of the city at that time in my life! We talk about going for a cheap vacation there with lots of pool time.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip with some intersting people! I have been to LV twice, once when I was 13 and once when I was 15- not sure I captured the true essence of the city at that time in my life! We talk about going for a cheap vacation there with lots of pool time. And of course end the trip with one quarter slot change-your-life-money win.

A D said...

You are so funny!! I am glad you had fun though. I missed seeing your blog updates.
See you soon?!

A D said...

You are so funny!! I am glad you had fun though. I missed seeing your blog updates.
See you soon?!

Lisa Renee said...

I wonder about #5 everywhere I go! It seems like all the people that shouldn't do!

Klamfam said...

Ok, those were hilarious. Just being there I identified with everyone! I miss you! I can't believe it is almost August and you have been gone a month!

Klamfam said...

Just having been there myself, those were hilarious. I miss you! I can't believe it is almost August and you have been gone a month....