Thursday, July 13, 2006

Things That Should Have Been Easier Than They Were!

My goodness...the Law of Binkley has been active for the past few weeks, as is to be expected, right? Luckily, I didn't have quite enough to make a Thursday Thirteen, so here is the Thursday Nine....Here we go...

1. Hanging the ceiling fan in the living room....a four or five hour ordeal in which we discovered some interesting wiring challenges.

2. Hanging the ceiling fan in the master bedroom...turns out the ceiling had been painted since the last light fixture was put up and there was a lovely tan hexagon on our ceiling, which we had to paint, wait to dry and then hang to the fan.

3. Getting rid of the boxes...four dumpsters later we still have some on our back porch (now, granted these are small dumpsters, but still!)

4. Painting over the pink...yeah, that took about three or so coats!

5. Our new washing machine...brand-new front loading washer and it leaks water out of it. So, we had to load it back up and take it back...fun, fun!

6. Dealing with our new "pets"...little lizards which move fast as lightening and occasionally chase me! (Apparently a native friend that I will have to learn to live with...yeah, that wasn't on the brochure!)

7. Our new banking account, ATM cards and check book all in the name of "Brinkley". Sometimes, one letter DOES make a difference!

8. The copper tubing leading to the icemaker leaking...thank goodness for Home Depot.

9. The leak in the office window because of the huge rainstorm and clogged gutters...thank goodness for caulk!


Other than that, we are actually getting settled in. I rearranged the furniture in the living room for about the third time, and now I like it in there. We have our bed up in our room, and slept our first night on it last night...and we slept like babies! Zach is loving his new room. It is hot and sticky, but we are really liking it. I won't be blogging for a while probably, so everyone take care and I will get back to you when we get back from Vegas!

4 comments:

Klamfam said...

Wow...You have a lot to do!!! I miss you! Take care...

Unknown said...

Last time we put up a ceiling fan in our house, we had to call a girl named Debbie to come over to finish the job after Scott broke the first fan. In fact, after cleaning out a closet a few weeks ago, I found that broken fan and lamented my $65 that went down the tubes with it.

Lisa Renee said...

I am jealous of your new washer and dryer, I am guessing the new ones worked out? Sorry you had to go to all that trouble though. I hope things are beginning to shape up and take on your personality to become your home.

Phillips Family said...

I am glad that you didn't have 13 tragic things that happened. i would have been in the floor crying by number five.