Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

Last week was a true whirlwind, but tons of fun. For those of you who were wondering if I got all 13 of my tasks done on Thursday, that would be a resounding "NO". But I have gradually gotten them all taken care of...and am still working on a few. The weekend was not any slower than our week. We spent Friday night divided between a soccer party and a birthday party. Gary was on call for the weekend, but Zach and I managed to keep ourselves busy. Saturday was spent with Gary's great aunt going to estate and garage sales, in search of a "find." (My only find was an original Dallas Morning News from the day after Pres. Kennedy was shot, which I thought was a kind of cool thing to find.) On Saturday night, I attended a church scavenger hunt and had a great deal of fun! On Sunday afternoon, Zach and I went with some friends to see "Facing the Giants". If you have not seen this movie, make an effort to at least rent it when it comes out. It really was a tear-jerker and made you realize the power of our God to work in our lives if we will let Him.

This Wed night and Thursday, Gary and Zach are going hunting (as am I...only I hunt at the mall!). Then on Friday, we are packing our bags and heading to the big city to see family and do some shopping and eating. It is funny how excited we get about going now, because we are already making a list of the places we plan to eat at. It is very different, but in some ways, a little better because we appreciate those things. Now that soccer is over, we can do what we want with our weekends! November promises to be a busy month. I think we already have every weekend planned out. I am sure December will be the same. I cannot believe we are already approaching the end of the year. What a year it has been! So many changes, so many blessings! Have a blessed week, everyone!

No comments: