I am so glad that it is Thursday, because this is the only day this week that we have absolutely no where that we have to be. So here I am, still in my p.j.'s at 8 am, blogging and checking email. The first half of this week was so jam-packed with activity that my house is a little worse for the wear, so today's primary goal is to get the house in order...which brings me to my Thursday Thirteen.....Things That I Need to Get Done Today:
1. CLEAN UP THE STACK OF PAPERS ACCUMULATING ON THE BAR.
Does anyone else end up with stacks of "stuff" that you need to go through? Between the mail, the papers from preschool and whatever Gary walks in the house with, we end up with a sizeable stack that I am constantly having to weed through. Some days I am very good at purging and other days, I am very good at straightening up the stack.
2. CATCH UP THE MOUNDS OF LAUNDRY.
I never knew we wore so much until I missed my Monday laundry day!
3. FINISH UP THE LAST LOAD OF DISHES.
I put one load of dishes in the dishwasher last night, and if I play my cards right (and have a very good arrangement), I may get everything else in there today. Not only have I been cooking for our meals, but I have been cooking goodies for Halloween events. The dishes in my sink do not have food in them, so it is not completely gross, but they do need to get into the dishwasher.
4. GO GROCERY SHOPPING.
As you all know, I dread Wal-mart, but in this town it is a necessary evil. I put it off until it is absolutely necessary to go, and judging by my fridge which only contains condiments and cheese string, it is now absolutely necessary to go.
5. WASH THE SHEETS.
Who doesn't love the snuggly feel of fresh-washed sheets?
6. TAKE A SHOWER.
I suppose I should cram that into my schedule at some point today.
7. SOAK MY NEW GRAPEVINE GARLANDS.
My sweet friend, who made a trip to a city with craft stores, brought me the rest of the grapevine garland that I needed to finish off my decorating at the top of my kitchen cabinets. It takes a while for those things to soak so that you can bend them how you need, so I probably ought to get that started soon.
8. TAKE OUT THE TRASH.
We are at the point where I can cram no more. Someone must take out the trash before it errupts!
9. FINISH GETTING THE JUNK OUT OF THE FRONT LIVING ROOM.
Not only is it not a junk room, but it is the first room people see when they come into our house. Despite the fact that it currently has no furniture or purpose, I think we are over the hump of "just moved in" and I have very few excuses anymore.
10. CLEAN THE BATHROOMS.
When they invent self-cleaning toilets, I will be the first in line.
11. CLEAN THE PLAYROOM.
If I didn't know any better, I would suspect those toys are jumping out of the bins and on to floor, but I am betting that a certain five year old has been assisting them. I will put him on that job and "supervise."
12. BALANCE THE CHECKBOOK.
Since Gary wants to know how much we have in our account, and I have no idea, I probably ought to sort that out. Could be useful.
13. IRON.
Those of you who know me best know that Dr. Phil and I have a date at 3:00 several days a week so that I can iron. Sometimes Oprah joins in on the fun, as well. When the two of them get to be too obnoxious, I look for a fabulously depressing Lifetime movie.
Whew! That is a lot to get done today. Guess I better get off the computer and get started.
3 comments:
We have very much of the same schedule today! My parents just left so I have a ton to do. Back when I used to have time to iron I did it when those shows were on too! Now I tell Trent he has to do it as he wears it b/c I can not be in another room for that lenght of time anymore and I don't want an iron around the baby. Post some Halloween pics when you can!
Did you get it all done?
Well.....I got some of it done. The rest is being done little by little over the weekend! Boy, wasn't I ambitious!
Post a Comment