The festivities have already begun. They were kicked off today with a fall festival at Zach's preschool. He had a lot of fun and already has more than enough candy. Tomorrow we will be helping to set up the fall festival at our church. The plan is for us to visit a nursing home tomorrow, vist Gary's office, do a little trick-or-treating in our neighborhood (just people we have met) and go to the festival at church.
With the beginning of Halloween comes my favorite and least favorite time of year. It is my favorite because I love the decorations, family and fun that come with Thanksgiving and Christmas. But, it is my least favorite because there will be an endless stream of candy, goodies and big dinners and it makes it hard to watch what you eat. I have begun a new phase in my life that I lovingly call "can't put my pants in the dryer," meaning that the metabolism is slowing down and I can not afford the 1/16th of an inch that anything I wear might shrink. Considering that I am a carb and sugar junkie, this is a very dangerous time of the year!!! But, I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment