I seriously need to look into getting some kind of government job. They have more holidays than I would know what to do with. I did not know it was an actual holiday today until I loaded up to go run my Monday errands (bank/post office/library) and was met with big "closed" signs. I now am aware that we are all supposed to be celebrating Columbus Day. So I will do my best to set aside time to reflect on the world being round. Glad we have a whole day set aside to reflect on such an important matter. Seriously, what is the history of this holiday? And why do you not hear of Columbus Day bar-b-ques? Ever worry about the Columbus Day traffic? All I ever hear about are Columbus Day sales...sounds like a marketing scheme to me!
In other news, I have given up on the pterodactyl costume. The Lillian Vernon website from which the costume spawned is now out of stock (who knew this was THE costume of the season?), and now the prices on Ebay have jumped to the $50 range and climbing. Had we bought the costume, I probably would be trying to sell it now and make a profit! I let Zach look at a wide variety of costumes and he decided on an alligator costume which we bid on and actually won. (This made Gary VERY relieved that I will now officially have no reason to be on Ebay.) Hopefully the costume will be in by week's end and I can check that off of my to-do list. Gary was not real thrilled with his son dressing up like an alligator. He thinks it is too "cute." But I think it is a good costume, and Zach really likes it.
Have a great week, everyone!
2 comments:
Yeah, my Monday errands were a bummer, too! I hate it when my schedule is interrupted!
Many years ago now, back when I had a "real" job, I always worked Columbus Day as a floating holiday to have it added on to a "real" holiday for extra vacation. I never really thought about its significance though! Glad the costume search is over and I think Zach will look great! I also like your little "you" that changes outfits and posts the weather in your parts. I like knowing what your walking out to, sure miss looking for and seeing your car down the street. You would laugh at some of our neighbors creepy yard decor this year!
Post a Comment