Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bad, Bad Ebay

Since I have been spending the past week trying to get a pterodactyl costume off Ebay, I have run into a little snag. I put in the keyword "Stampin' Up" and was pleased to find that there were almost 2000 auctions available. As I began looking at those, I realized that there were some rubber stamps that I really "needed." They were retired and there was no other way I could buy them. So began frantically bidding on them. This, in turn, sparked my competitive nature, and also glued me to my computer. Since we still live in the stone age here, that meant our phone line was busy more than usual. I finally won the most coveted stamp set yesterday, and that meant I had to let Gary know of my activities. He said that my purchase was fine, but to STAY OFF EBAY because it is addicting. Yes, it is very addicting. So now I am forcing myself to only track pterodactyl costumes and nothing else. That is very difficult for me. The world of Ebay has so much to offer! Let's just hope it offers a reasonably priced pterodactyl costume within the next two weeks.

1 comment:

Alisha Stewart said...

I understand completely. Ebay is addicting. I can't seem to figure it out. Everytime I sell something on E-bay I am lucky to get pennies for it. When I try to buy something I end up spending way too much. Something just doesn't seem right about the whole thing:)