Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Is It Hot In Here?

That was the million dollar question last night, or at least several thousand dollar question...because, friends, our air conditioner is broken again. Yes, this is the same one that I just got done battling over and paying an arm and leg for, and it is broken again. So, I am learning another hard lesson in patience, and am thankful that it is not 100 degrees outside!

We watched a movie last night that I want everyone to go out and rent. It is called "End of the Spear". I had never heard of it, but it is a few years old. (It was still located in the new releases at our local video store.) It is the true story of five missonary families who go to Ecuador and try to work with some local tribesmen. It is a little slow at first, but by the end of the movie, you will definitely do some self-examination. It is a testament to faith! (The funniest part of my evening was at the end of the movie while the end credits were rolling, they show interviews of the real people featured in the movie. The tribe leader actually made a trip to America and it talks about how he reacted to seeing American culture. It talks about how he kept saying that Americans are so fat because of the "piles of food" around and the walking without moving (talking about moving sidewalks-see my Las Vegas post!). Gary said "See, even a tribesman from the rainforest understands why Americans are so fat...why can't Americans?)

We also rented the move "Click" and while I can not endorse some of the language, it also got us thinking about the "little" moments that we allow to pass by, and sometimes even complain about. Time is precious, and sometimes we forget that these little kiddos are going to be grown and gone before we know it!

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Sorry, at least its a good time of year if that has to happen. I will have to look for that movie, sounds really good. We saw Click in the theatre a while back, I thought it was really good and funny too. Quite a deep topic for an Adam Sandler movie! I even cried in it!

Anonymous said...

I had heard that movie was good. I just haven't gotten around to renting it.
With regards to Lisa's comment, I really like Spanglish with Adam Sandler and thought it was quite deep for him, but he was good in it.

The Binkley Family said...

Yes, I liked "Spanglish" too. Adam Sandler is one of my favorite actors and I like him equally well in comedic roles and dramatic roles. "Click" was a good mix of both types of roles.