Monday was my friend, Amy's, birthday. Amy is one of the many wonderful girls that I have gotten to know in our new little town. To celebrate Amy's birthday we had a surprise party for her full of plenty "girly foods." It was a lot of fun to get together with these special girls. As I sat at the table surrounded by my new friends, I could not help but be amazed at the blessing that each girl was to me, each in her own way. They have all been a great support to me as we transitioned here. Some I met before we came, others I met right after we moved, and still others I met in the months following our move.
Front Row: Lori, Laura, Lisa B., Marci
Amy deserved to have this wonderful party thrown in her honor. She is incredible woman. She is a Godly woman who strives to do the right thing in every situation she is put in. She is a wonderful mom and a wonderful friend. When I watch her, I am always amazed at her strength. She is very unselfish. I am very fortunate to call her my friend, and I know every one of us at the party felt the same way.
Over the course of my life, I have had so many wonderful friends. Though I do not see some of them as much as I used to, they remain in my heart always. Each and every friend in our life has their own special role to play. There is not one of them, past or present, that I could do without. Friends are truly one of the greatest blessings God gives us!
Over the course of my life, I have had so many wonderful friends. Though I do not see some of them as much as I used to, they remain in my heart always. Each and every friend in our life has their own special role to play. There is not one of them, past or present, that I could do without. Friends are truly one of the greatest blessings God gives us!
4 comments:
I know Lori. We were in club together at ACU. She probably knows me by my maiden name, Powell.
I'm glad that you have made so many friends in your new hometown.
hey,
it is strange to look at your blog and see our relative. lisa benton is kirk's cousin. tell her hi for us!!
I know Lori too (Crass) but Hanes now. In fact last time I saw her was at Vista Ridge COC in Lewisville, about a year or so ago. Didn't know they moved. Did you ever tell Amy I said Hi? I would love to get back in touch with her. She used to be a dear friend of mine until life's circumstance just kind of got in the way. I don't know if I mentioned it before but we got to know each other my soph. year at ACU, I was in her wedding! She had kids sooner and moved away for awhile when I was still single and working in Downtown Dallas. Its such a small world. Glad that you have been blessed by her as well.
Oh, reading Jen's comment I thought I might include my maiden name as well, Young. I guess not many people from college would know me by married name either since I did not get married until I was out for four years.
Post a Comment